As hospital systems and physician data shift from local infrastructure to the cloud, a provider’s ability to control and secure data has weakened. This creates substantial challenges for hospitals that need to assess third-party vendors and ensure that data complies with HIPAA and other regulations.
As a result, a growing number of providers and vendors are adopting the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST) Common Security Framework (CSF) to streamline the vetting process. HITRUST was born out of the belief that information security should be the core pillar of the broad adoption of health information systems and exchanges.
Value to All Organizations
HITRUST CSF® certification can be used by all organizations to guide them in selecting and implementing the appropriate controls to protect the systems that create, access, store or exchange personal health and financial information. This certification gives organizations detail and clarity related to information security controls tailored to the healthcare industry.
Certification advantages are twofold: First, it’s designed to examine regulations. During the certification process, an independent assessor uses the HITRUST framework and then submits work papers to HITRUST for scoring and quality assurance. This ensures providers a level of consistency from one assessment to another.
Second, HITRUST performs a gap analysis, which providers can request to help them further assess a vendor’s security posture, which saves substantial resources.
Five Benefits of Advantmed’s HITRUST CSF Certification
- Cross references the requirements from legislative, regulatory, HIPAA, NIST, ISO, state laws and others for one comprehensive framework
- Provides a framework that prepares organizations for new regulations and security risks once introduced
- Ensures compliance and security protection to clients
- Assures payers working with Advantmed that our ELEVATE! platform is compliant, private and secure and meets the necessary requirements of HITRUST CSF certification.
- Means a third-party assessed the platform and attests to its compliance with globally recognized standards, regulations and business requirements, ensuring data security, privacy and compliance for all our clients
ELEVATE! assists in optimizing risk adjustment and quality improvement by providing real-time project status updates and reporting for risk adjustment analytics, medical record retrieval, HEDIS® abstraction, risk adjustment coding, claims and data validation, prospective health assessments, and more.
To learn how Advantmed can improve your risk adjustment and quality programs, visit www.advantmed.com.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).