Medicare Advantage Plans Gain Insights into Effective Risk, Quality and Care Strategies

Medicare Advantage Plans Gain Insights into Effective Risk, Quality and Care Strategies

Advantmed releases “Federal Policy and Medicare’s Impact on the Economy,” the first in a three-part series, “High Priorities for the U.S. Healthcare System: Powerful End-to-End Solution to Integrate Patient Care.”

Advantmed’s new white paper, “Federal Policy and Medicare’s Impact on the Economy” was developed to support Medicare Advantage (MA) plans in their quest for innovative approaches to improve patient care.

Learn about opportunities for differentiation and financial success in a healthcare environment facing looming crises.

Staying Ahead of the Trends

Aging baby boomers are creating a significant shift across the U.S. healthcare system—from enrollment in private health insurance to Medicare.

In 2017 Medicare spending accounted for 15 percent of total federal spending and is projected to rise to 18 percent by 2028. 33 percent of Medicare beneficiaries were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans, up from 19 percent in 2007.

If further cuts to Medicare entitlements occur in 2018, then deductibles and cost-sharing for seniors in original Medicare will likely increase.

This will make MA plans that much more attractive for baby boomers.

One important factor to keep in mind in terms of optimizing this opportunity: Risk-based contracting demonstrates superior clinical outcomes and improvement in mortality for patients—making value-based approaches critical.

MA plans should look at the full spectrum of the patient and adopt innovative quality and risk adjustment programs to meet the growing demand for effective care strategies.

End-to-End Solution

Advantmed’s powerful end-to-end solution integrates with patient care to help managed care organizations improve outcomes by delivering the optimal combination of capabilities designed to meet key objectives.

When implemented effectively and efficiently—and aligned with payment reform—it’s possible to enhance care coordination using analytics, in-home care, retrospective solutions and care management to significantly improve outcomes.